We are #decluttering EVERYTHING!
Getting rid of the things, tasks, and energies that don’t serve you creates space for what you LOVE.
I’ve tried many courses, programs, and communities for business and social media…
Why do they use so many extra words?
Why must they have extra design that distracts?
Why don’t we have simple, clear education without all the fluff?
About six months ago, I discovered that I’m #actuallyautistic
Everything made sense… I’m so autistic that I’ve not masked very well. Lol! I think everyone knew except me!
It’s all the EXTRA that kept me from being able to live the life I desired. I HAD PEACE when I decluttered my relationships, home, energy, and business. But when I had the space to ADD the things I LOVE, my heart came ALIVE!
How To Declutter And Organize Anything
A confused Universe/Source/God won’t give you what you want.
Organization and focused intention are the keys to life, business, and relationship clarity.
Today we are going to focus on organization. I usually teach tools or systems that apply to every area of your life. Once someone understands the power of a system, using that system in your home, children, business, relationships, and time is as simple as cut and paste.
I’ve worked with many hoarders, and lessons have helped me greatly. I also come from a long line of professional organizers… this shiz is in my bloodline!
Step 1) Set a time. Commit. Get it on your schedule, and take advantage of this appointment with yourself. Most projects can be fully completed within a couple of hours to a few days. Even the homes stacked to the brim only took a week to excavate. I organized 374 notes on my phone in about 2.5 hours and 1.5 years of photos in 3 hours. Bite off a chunk of whatever is bothering you… paperwork, files, ideas, your kitchen, your time, and schedule a date with yourself.
Step 2) Show up to your meeting with yourself and be ready to kick ass. You are here to sort and sort FAST! You will need containers, buckets, or folders; you are about to make a mess.
Step 3) Label your containers. What are the broad categories of items you are sorting?
- Here are a few examples.
- Paperwork: Personal Finance, Business Finance, Old Business, Business Thoughts, Kid Art, Important Documents, School Stuff, Reroute, Keepsakes, Trash.
- Garage: Tools, Sporting Equipment, Exercise Equipment, Holiday Stuff, Other Peoples’s Stuff, Sell, Give, Keepsakes, Trash.
- Computer Files: Project #1, Project #2, Book #1, Book #2, Personal Finance, Business Finance, Old Business, Business Thoughts, Memories, Testimonials, Templates.
- Time: Makes Money, Brings Joy. Time is time. Money is money. Don’t get that shit confused. You do NOT need to labor to earn money. The world changed.
Step 4) Sort FAST! Crank the music. Don’t read. Scan. Don’t get caught in nostalgia. You are here to sort. Nothing is going in the garbage that you actually need. You have more than enough. You get to look at everything in the next steps; this is ONLY SORTING. I am speed.
Step 5) Reward yourself! Look at your incredible piles!!!! Celebrate and clean! Keep the music poppin’. Stack the piles up, and reroute where you can take the trash out. Clear your space. Forget about the piles momentarily, and love the space you have created. Feel it. Dream. How is this new area going to be used? Make it YOURS! Only allow things you LOVE into your space. Does it bring me joy or make me money?
Step 6) Grab ONE pile and your sorting containers.
Step 7) Label your sorting containers. What specific categories are you sorting
- Here are some examples.
- Personal Finance Pile: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Auto Insurance, Investments, Bank #1, Bank #2, CC #1, CC #2, Paid Bills, Tax Returns, Receipts, Shred.
- Tools: Wood, Plumbing, Crafting, Electrical, Auto, Random Little Awesome Gadgets, Sell, Give, Trash.
- Business Thoughts: Mindset, Healing, My Story, Business, Goals, Things to Teach, great ideas, project #1, project #2, Trash.
Step 8) Sort FAST! Crank the music. Don’t read. Scan. Don’t get caught in nostalgia. You are here to sort. Nothing is going in the garbage that you actually need. You have more than enough. You get to look at everything in the next steps; this is ONLY SORTING. I am speed.
Step 9) Reward yourself! Look at your awesome piles!!!! Celebrate and clean! Keep the music poppin’. Stack the piles up, and reroute where you can take the trash out. Clear your space. Forget about the piles momentarily, and love the space you have created. Feel it. Dream.
Step 10) Put your piles in space-appropriate containers. This is how you get that Instagram-looking life.
Do you see a pattern? Just do it! It’s so freeing!